[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 alpha1 - draft press release

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:55:17 PDT 2012

On 29/10/12 19:01, Luca Delucchi wrote:
> 2012/10/28 Cameron Shorter <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>:
>> Angelos,
>> I've put together a draft press release. Feel free to add comments.
>> Unless there are any objections, I'll send it out in 24 hours.
>>
> Could we bring forward the release a little bit (two weeks) ?
> The 6th of february we'll have the XIV Meeting of GRASS and GFOSS
> italian user and could be a good idea to have the new version (maybe
> with grass 6.4.3 :-) )
> What do you think?

Luca, I'd love to, but don't think it is feasible.  If you note from out
schedule, we include 3 weeks between completing the ISO and the start of
an event to allow time for DVD printing, and to leave time to correct
any last minute things which go wrong (as it usually does).

So what you are suggesting is actually moving the schedule forward 5
weeks, which is going to be too tight, especially considering we have
Christmas/New Year in the middle.