[Live-demo] Main menu localization

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 16 23:13:23 PDT 2012

On 09/16/2012 12:53 PM, Maxim Dubinin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I understood it correctly, the docs main menu [1] does not support
> localization at the moment and always shows English. This might have been
> discussed already, but it seems to me that this isn't right, as user who
> doesn't know what "Content" is - is lost. BTW, "Content" could be
> mentioned/linked from the main text too, it is kind of a main link, right?
>
> Is there a quick solution for menu items localization? If not, we'll
> probably simply hardcode translated menu for our issue of OSGeo Live.
>
> 1. http://adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org/livedvd/docs/ru/index.html

It is and isn't a problem...
The current menu is part of the html header that gets used for each
page. I'm not sure if we've tried to tell sphinx to use the translated
version of it. There is a Korean version of it in svn already.

Since the menu has not changed in a long time I think it might be safe
to try and modify sphinx to do language specific.

Anyone know technically how to try to make it work? For this instance,
since you're on a deadline you might want to hard code sub in the
Russian in your version.