[Live-demo] Main menu localization

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 14:10:17 PDT 2012

On 17/09/12 20:25, Hamish wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>> Anyone know technically how to try to make it work?
> I thought the plan was to extract the header button text into a small
> include file (be it html or reSt), then offer translated versions of that.

Yes Hamish, that would be the plan, although I'm not sure if we can
achieve this within our current RST template, stored at:
doc/themes/overview/page.html

However, Frank Gasdorf has worked out some fancy javascript [1] to
switch between languages cleanly, and I suspect that we could do
something similar for the toolbar icons.

Ie. Use the javascript "onload" event [2] to trigger a call to load the
toolbar from another file.

Frank,
Have do you have and tips or suggestions?

[1]
https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/livedvd/gisvm/trunk/doc/themes/overview/static/osgeolive.js
[2] http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/event_onload.asp