[Live-demo] create pdf documentation

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 02:41:50 PDT 2012

I also tried converting the docs to pdf but never get around to
finishing it.  Solutions I did on some issues:

1. Large icons - To guarantee equal size, the size must be specified
in "real" units (cm, pt,
inch) not in relative units (em, px). i.e.

.. image:: image.png
   :align: center
   :width: 300 pt

2. Manual page break for each application page - I add this to create
manual page break at the end of each rst file:

.. raw:: latex

   \pagebreak[4]

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This solution might be suitable, but I'm failing to understand the need
>>> rename index.rst
>>> What is wrong with having a index_pdf.rst alongside index.rst?
>>>
>> because sphinx read index.rst and not index_pdf.rst. Your idea was
>> also mine but I discover that it doesn't work. If someone as a better
>> idea or working solution he is welkome
>

> Ok, if you can't pass in the filename of the starting page into RST as a
> parameter, then your suggestion above of replacing doc/index.rst above makes
> sense. Please go ahead and implement if you wish.
>
> Frank has been helping with the RST doc generation process, and might have
> some suggestions too.
>

> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Geospatial Solutions Manager