[Live-demo] VBox Additions on 6.5

Carlos Zenteno cmzente at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 18:52:55 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I have been using 6.0 for a couple of months and now I have
upgraded to 6.5 and I think I have a problem.

I followed the installation on a VirtualBox to the T and everything

worked fine.

Now every time I launch the VBox (on a Ubuntu 11.04 host), everything
works OK except for the desktop "expansion" and for the shared folder.

I have to run the following:

user at osgeolive:~$ cd /media/VBOXADDITIONS_4.2.10_84104/
user at osgeolive:/media/VBOXADDITIONS_4.2.10_84104$ sudo ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.runuser at osgeolive:~$ sudo mount -t vboxsf -o uid=user,rw GIS /home/user/GIS

and reboot every time I launch the VBox...
is this the way it is supposed to work? or
am I doing something wrong?
how do I fix it so it stays like that for future use?

Thanks a lot in advance for the help !!

Carlos