[Live-demo] Xubuntu 13.04 build test

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:10:47 PDT 2013

Hi all,

A few hour ago, Ubuntu 13.04 was released. Along with it Xubuntu 13.04.
So I created a new build environment and fired up a basic build (base
13.04 system+services+DB) for OSGeoLive from trunk.
The iso that got created is not bootable right now, unfortunately.
Looking into this for more information.
UbuntuGIS repository does not include 13.04 support yet, hopefully it
will catch up in the following weeks

The test files:
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-debug-build10113-log.tar.gz
http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-debug-build10113.iso

I believe that we need to create alpha1 in order to decide if we will
stick with LTS or move to this new version. Note that 13.04 has support
until end of January 2014 while LTS goes until 2017.

Cheers,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos