[Live-demo] Xubuntu 13.04 build test

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 03:01:54 PDT 2013

Cameron wrote:
> Lubu does look interesting if it can save us space and speed
> up applications.

Since we're already stripping xubuntu bare I'm not sure how
much space we'd save from a stripped down lubuntu (? no idea).
The desktop might be a bit snappier, but aside from a bit more
free RAM for cache I doubt it would speed up the apps any.

I think it's more a question for the future, as xubuntu is
abandoning their "mouse" roots and now seem to be aiming for
the best of the traditional desktop, with small size being less
of a priority. call it restrained bloat..?

shrug,
Hamish