[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 RC1 status

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 18:52:59 PST 2013

Angelos wrote:
> During the last 24h a new iso for Xubuntu 12.04.2 was
> released [2]
> As per [3] there is Secure Boot support within the kernel
> included in this version. I believe that this update might
> be worthy for doing an upgrade and a RC2.
>
> I have started a test nightly (build 9999), based on 12.04.2
> iso and this will be available soon at [4].

Upon relection, I'd support calling the r9999/10k build with the
new kernel and security fixes as RC2, then after some days of
testing if all is well rename that to the final.

If we wait a month to build invariably some project urls will
have shifted, pressure to include new versions of things, new
translations to debate merging... and we end up having to test
all over again. Since 12.04.2 has been out for some weeks in
Ubuntu, I think we can hope that the new xUbuntu base-iso has
had its most important parts tested already by the wider Ubuntu
community.

best,
Hamish

ps- which kernel does the r10k ISO actually contain?
  http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/changeset/10000