[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 status: distribution

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 25 23:05:24 PST 2013

On 02/25/2013 09:45 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 02/25/2013 09:34 PM, Hamish wrote:
>> Alex wrote:
>>> I hadn't realized all of the images are symlinked to avoid
>>> duplicates. Also the /var/www/ folder on the live has lots of
>>> not doc files and I couldn't find a dir that just had the docs.
>>> So I ended up doing a mix of selective Filezilla then rsync -rl
>>> the _image folder to pull the symlinks. Are there any other
>>> folders with symlinks I need to do rsync on?
>>
>> you can look at the file tree on adhoc for a clean comparison.
>> the non-obvious dirs are _sources, _static, and _images.
>>

>>> Please review and make sure I didn't miss anything before I
>>> flip the switch:
>>> http://webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org/osgeolive/6.5/en/index.html
>>
>> looks good to me. md5sum links on the download page don't work,
>> nor do the main iso download links. (sf.net error 500)
>>
>> Are we doing torrents at Ibiblio again?
>>
>> needs a new sentence, or "6.0 & 6.5":
>>   http://download.osgeo.org/livedvd/
>>

>> Hamish
>>

> Oops, I think I need to add the redirects for those.
>
> The write down all these steps....
>
> Alex

Nevermind, the redirect is a wildcard. I hadn't uploaded the md5 since
sourceforge auto-generates those, that's not obvious to end users so I
uploaded them and the links all work now.

Please poke around some more and see if anything else is missing. I
don't think I missed and folders, just possibly some symlinks.