[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 6.5 Status: Beta

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jan 10 10:26:37 PST 2013

Eventually, we'll get there... a few other factors come into play:
availability/cost of larger sticks ( 4 GB sticks are common and cheap )
and limited bandwidth in many places for the download (We're still
capped at 4.4 GB for a DVD). Both of those also push us in the direction
of smaller builds.

At the same time we need to have some line to draw so that it doesn't
grow out of control either. Hence we've asked all apps to make samples
using the common datasets (which are open source data too - projects in
themselves).

We already recommend 8 GB sticks so that people have extra space to make
a persistent stick and have space to save work.

>>> http://live.osgeo.org