[Live-demo] "big" data sets on OSGeo Live

b.j.kobben at utwente.nl b.j.kobben at utwente.nl
Fri Jan 11 01:13:12 PST 2013

No, I guess steve Jobs didn't like it ;-)

But seriously, putting the LiveDVD only on a 8Gb stick would seriously
diminish its worth for people who use it in education. You want to be able
to carry something to workshops and courses that you know will start up
(almost) everywhere, and is not too costly to give away on a regular basis
to larger groups. The DVD image is great for that, and I strongly urge you
to maintain one.
Which artifact to give away at FOSS4G conferences is another story I
guess, but please make sure there is an ISO out there to make a useful
DVD.

Barend