[Live-demo] Postgis 2.0 - legacy.sql

Sergio Baños Calvo listas at saig.es
Thu Jan 24 03:28:43 PST 2013

While following Kosmo Desktop Quickstart, I realized that PostGIS 2.X is
used in the OSGeo LiveDVD 6.5.

Kosmo Desktop 2.0.1 (and I suppose that some others applications present
at the LiveDVD may have a similar problem) doesn't support PostGIS 2.X
as it uses some functions that have been removed in the 2.X series (as
extent(), geometryfromtext(), ...).

In order to solve the PostGIS layers problems, could it be possible to
load the legacy.sql file into the LiveDVD PostgreSQL database as pointed
in [1]?

Regards,

[1] http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/PostGIS_FAQ.html#legacy_faq
--

Sergio Baños Calvo

Jefe de desarrollos
Sistemas Abiertos de Información Geográfica, S.L. (SAIG S.L.)
Tlfno. móvil: 685005960
Tlfno. fijo: (+34) 954788876

E-mail: sbc at saig.es