[Live-demo] UEFI booting an USB sticks - 64 bit wrench

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jan 31 10:28:44 PST 2013

Mine's an E430. An update, I toggled the hybrid UEFI/Legacy to allow
either, otherwise I'd have to reinstall windows. The only side effect so
far is that I borked grub in my dual boot as it can seem to boot windows
anymore. The BIOS boot menu lets me bypass directly to the windows
partition so it still works I just need to redo grub.

So changing boot type on a dual boot is likely to bork boot loaders. I
do not know if it causes problems on a windows only UEFI machine.