[Live-demo] NetCDF data

Guy Griffiths guy.griffiths at reading.ac.uk
Tue Jun 11 02:43:29 PDT 2013

All,

I have just proposed adding our application, ncWMS, to the next release
of OSGeo-live.  One issue we have is that there is currently no shared
NetCDF data available on OSGeo-live.  Whilst I am able to look for
compatible data to add, it was felt that since others may benefit from
shared NetCDF data, the issue should be thrown out to the mailing list
for any feedback or suggestions.

For ncWMS, we would want gridded environmental data which complies with
CF-standards (see http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/).  What are others'
requirements for NetCDF data?  And does anyone know of a good source of
redistributable NetCDF data?

Regards,

Guy Griffiths