[Live-demo] Adding persistent data and softwares to OSGeolive

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Jun 27 10:01:08 PDT 2013

On 06/27/2013 08:44 AM, Enguerran Grandchamp wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I'll start using OSGEOLive for my teaching at my university but I have to add
> some data and softwares to the OSGEOLive iso file.
>
> More generally, I have to run it in a persistent way but I didn't find any issue.
>
> Did someone have any information about the way to process ?
>

> Thank's in advance
>
> Best regards
>
> Enguerran Grandchamp

You have 2 main options for persistence:
USB Sticks or Virtual Machines
Once you setup one of those, add you files, then you just clone it using
something like Clonezilla for the usb stick and copy/paste for the
virtual machine hard disk.

If you wanted to remaster the iso that is also possible but slightly
more complicated.