[Live-demo] SEXTANTE forks ?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sat Mar 23 10:34:28 PDT 2013

On 03/23/2013 10:15 AM, Brian Hamlin wrote:
> Hi All -
>
>    I am reading a blog post today on planet.osgeo.org about SEXTANTE
> moving to python, while the original code will be part of gvSIG now..
> plus some new improvements.. A classical fork it appears..
>
>    I imagine the Live will host gvSIG and so continue to benefit from
> that branch.. But it raises the question, what to do with the "new"
> python SEXTANTE ?
>
>    no rush, but interesting development
>
> --
> Brian M Hamlin

The "new" python Sextante is in the QGIS plugin, which I think we're
already shipping. It's not a classic fork in my understanding because
one of the key authors is the same for both variants. Although it's
actually possible that the python version may become the primary one and
wrapped by java in gvSIG rather than being maintained in java.

So, I don't think there's anything else to do about it for us.