[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: alpha1

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 03:37:18 PDT 2013

Angelos wrote:
> I would prefer for us to start building a new mini upon
> 64bit base and offer to the final users both 32 and 64 bit
> builds.

that would be ok if all software sources were from official
build methods with fixed toolchain, but since we have many
locally built tarballs installed it gets tough to make sure
that everything builds and runs everywhere. our workload is
already near capacity, although sticking with 12.04 should help
with that.

Mac is important. As a community they have been neglected by the
major firms and are eager to find some native software that works.
It's probably worth a look to see what the debian live people
have done to get it to work there.  http://live.debian.net

shrug,
Hamish