[Live-demo] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeoLive 7.0 status: alpha1

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon May 13 18:58:43 PDT 2013

On 05/13/2013 05:30 PM, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
> On 05/13/2013 01:37 PM, Hamish wrote:
>> Angelos wrote:
>>> I would prefer for us to start building a new mini upon
>>> 64bit base and offer to the final users both 32 and 64 bit
>>> builds.
>> that would be ok if all software sources were from official
>> build methods with fixed toolchain, but since we have many
>> locally built tarballs installed it gets tough to make sure
>> that everything builds and runs everywhere. our workload is
>> already near capacity, although sticking with 12.04 should help
>> with that.
>>

>> Mac is important. As a community they have been neglected by the
>> major firms and are eager to find some native software that works.
>> It's probably worth a look to see what the debian live people
>> have done to get it to work there.  http://live.debian.net
>>

>> shrug,
>> Hamish
>>
> Checking the available 12.04.2 download link
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/xubuntu/releases/12.04.2/release/
> I see that there is no mac specific download for the LTS....
>
> Angelos

Plain ubuntu and lubuntu both have it. May xubuntu didn't want to bother
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/12.04/release/
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/12.04/release/lubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64+mac.iso

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/12.04/release/
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/12.04/release/ubuntu-12.04.2-desktop-amd64+mac.iso

Have we tried a lubuntu build yet to see if it reduces space and
hardware requirements?