[Live-demo] Cooperation between OSGeo Live and GIS.lab

Ivan Minčík ivan.mincik at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 15:42:41 PST 2013

Hi list,
I am a developer of a new Open Source project called GIS.lab [1] which
allows to deploy whole GIS office including operating systems all server
and client software and much more in few minutes on unlimited number of
computers.
A difference to OSGeo Live is that GIS.lab creates automatically (by using
Vagrant) one central server with services like central accounts and storage
management, internet connection sharing, NFS, PostGIS, OWS server and
automatic webGIS publishing service and more ... . Than client computers
are booting from LAN in 'Fat Client' mode.

If You are interested please see GitHub page [1] and my blog [2] for more
information.

After some discussion with quite a few people, we see some overlap of usage
of these projects and I also see some common ground where we can cooperate
- for example in common need of a good Ubuntu GIS packages repository.

I would be very happy to hear Your opinion.

--
1 - https://github.com/imincik/gis-lab
2 - http://imincik.blogspot.sk

Ivan Mincik