[Live-demo] price of the software

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Apr 1 11:06:05 PDT 2014

On 04/01/2014 10:16 AM, Activity Workshop wrote:
> Alex,
> Your spreadsheet lists an ohloh repository for gpsprune.
> I've no idea who made this, or why, but it doesn't contain the source
> code for gpsprune - for some reason they've added just the images and
> the translation files, but none of the source code - hence why ohloh
> thinks gpsprune only has 7 lines of source code !
>
> You can delete this entry from your spreadsheet if you want, gpsprune
> isn't connected with ohloh as far as I know.
> I can send you the output of sloccount if you really want, for your cost
> estimates, but the numbers seem really high.

Yes the COCOMO estimate is known to be quite high (overestimate) for
small projects. I would recommend you apply to adopt the gpsprune item
on ohloh and link it to the real codebase. Otherwise mis-information
will persist.

I was actually going to skip the $ estimate and just use the relative
person years and state that it's a relative comparison.