[Live-demo] pywps to osgeo-live

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 03:50:03 PDT 2014

I agree with Ian.

To avoid confusion I think we should perhaps update our overview and
split up web services [1]. Now it reads: "publishing spatial data to
the internet". That does not cover all services, nor is the list very
understandable.

I suggest split it up in data publishing services, metadata publishing
services, processing services and other services. With a short
explanation of what they mean with a reference to the pages describing
the standards that we already have [2].

I believe these standards pages also need some more care. I really
wonder if anyone who is not familiar can read those.

The user with little domain-specific knowledge should probably first
find out that what he really needs is a WPS service, and then have a
look at the different possibilities. In fact one could argue that we
could have a quickstart about consuming the services could be separate
from the quickstart for configuring services...

[1] http://live.osgeo.org/en/overview/overview.html
[2] http://live.osgeo.org/en/standards/standards.html