[Live-demo] [foss4g2014] OSGeo LIVE at foss4g

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Aug 5 11:30:16 PDT 2014

The suggestion from OSGeo-Live IRC discussion (A couple weeks ago) was
to do 4 GB usb.they are at least $1 less per stick, also additional
price breaks generally kick in at 500 units. At 500 units, ~$5 each,
thats $500 savings, or 100 more devices.

We also had the suggestion of combining FOSS4G logo with OSGeo-live text
on one side (Or just 2 lines of text), and trying to find a sponsor who
wants their logo on the 2nd side in exchange for paying for at least 1/2
the sticks (so that every attendee gets one).

In terms of data pre-load, our discussion had brought up a different
idea from the past:
To include a 7z of the virtual machine variant (or iso) + 7zip for all
platforms + virtual box for all platforms.

This differs from previous years where the USB device was bootable
(doesn't work on Macs)

The order likely needs 2-3 weeks lead time before the delivery date. So
needs to be ordered between Aug 18-25

Having 300 at the table is tough to figure out who should get one.