[Live-demo] [OSGeo] #1348: tilemill: failure to install on ubu 14.04 from ppa due to missing init.d script

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 10 17:10:52 PDT 2014

#1348: tilemill: failure to install on ubu 14.04 from ppa due to missing init.d
script
 Reporter:  hamish   |       Owner:  live-demo@…
     Type:  defect   |      Status:  new
Component:  LiveDVD  |    Keywords:  tilemill

Comment(by hamish):

 ok, so AFAIK we don't need to worry about headless server use for the Live
 disc, we're mostly concerned with the interactive GUI.

 The snippet I posted above is just the end of the
 /var/lib/dpkg/info/tilemill.postinst script file, as the comment says
 "Automatically added by dh_installinit", so not expected to be in the
 upstream copy, but present in the final installed version of the file.

 I'll try for the install-in-chroot, let it break, do the edit with sed to
 make the error non-fatal, then try for an apt-get self-repair and see if
 that gets past the trouble spot.
 Done in r11819, we'll wait for the next nightly build to see how things
 went.

 So this is most probably very similar ubu 14.04 chroot vs. init script
 trouble we saw with libpam-serviced and whoopsie in trac #1334. (see live
 disc's setup.sh for the work-around)

 regards,
 Hamish

--