[Live-demo] Updating GeoNode features on OSGeo-Live?

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 15:16:34 PDT 2014

On 13/08/2014 12:56 am, Ariel Nunez wrote:
> Hello Cameron,
>
> Q1) The version 2.4a5 has received a lot of work but is not yet
> stable. Since the 3 most active core committers have been travelling
> in the past few months, we had to chose the option that involved less
> work (the latest GeoNode stable version has not been ported to Django
> 1.6 which is what Ubuntu 14.04 and OsGeo Live ship as default). We
> will be using the version on the livedvd for the workshop, Simone is
> testing the material using the last beta.
Thank Ariel for the explanation. If we had a viable path for
incorporating the stable version of geonode I'd be encouraging that we
do that, but I understand there are dependency mismatches which will be
difficult to sort out. I also understand that geonode does do good QA on
the project, so I'm hopeful that the beta version is of better quality
than most.
As such I'm ok with making an exception for this osgeolive release, but
hope that we can get a stable version installed on the next.

> Q2) I can update the docs in SVN during the next 6 hours.
Thanks.
> Q3) I can do this too.
Thanks.

> Thanks, and I hope to be able to thank you in person at Foss4g,
I shall not be at foss4g, but many of the other core osgelive team
members will be.