[Live-demo] QGIS 2.2

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Sat Feb 22 08:46:11 PST 2014

Hi,

As you might know, QGIS 2.2 release packages are built this weekend. I'm
expecting an upload to Launchpad today. So it would be theoretically possible
to upgrade QGIS on OSGeoLive. The technical risk is rather low, because the
plugin API is compatible with 2.0. But it would need a verson update on all
documents. With the new release plan [1], we will have this clinch more often.
I don't think it's absolutely necessary to update (see changelog [2]), but it
would also be nice to have the latest version for FOSSGIS Berlin.

Regards
Pirmin

[1] http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#road-map
[2] http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/21/

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions