[Live-demo] QGIS 2.2

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Sat Feb 22 14:35:42 PST 2014

(sorry everyone, I am sure our OSGeo Board representative and project
co-founder CameronShorter, really meant 2.01.)

+1 Alex

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California Chapter

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 08:36:24 +1100, Cameron Shorter  wrote:

       Thanks Alex, wise call. At this late point in the delivery
schedule, I agree that it is safest to ship with QGIS 2.1

On Sun, Feb 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM, Alex Mandel  wrote:

       On 02/22/2014 08:46 AM, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As you might know, QGIS 2.2 release packages are built this weekend. I'm
> expecting an upload to Launchpad today. So it would be theoretically possible
> to upgrade QGIS on OSGeoLive. The technical risk is rather low, because the
> plugin API is compatible with 2.0. But it would need a verson update on all
> documents. With the new release plan [1], we will have this clinch
> more often.
> I don't think it's absolutely necessary to update (see changelog [2]), but it
> would also be nice to have the latest version for FOSSGIS Berlin.
>
> Regards
> Pirmin
>
> [1] http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/development/index.html#road-map
> [2] http://changelog.linfiniti.com/qgis/version/21/

We really should stick to our feature freeze policy, it's a good
practice to keep things stable and fair to all the projects. I agree the
risk is low, but there's still plenty of moving parts to cause headaches
in our build process and then a lack of time to adequately test that
it's working right. When 2.0 came out there were some packaging quirks
for several weeks.

Based on that release schedule 2.4, if on time will make OSGeoLive 8 for
Foss4g. I only see there being a conflict occasionally with the new
schedule.

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft