[Live-demo] pgRouting PPA

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Jan 5 17:28:19 PST 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>wrote:

> On 01/05/2014 09:30 AM, Daniel Kastl wrote:
> > Thanks for creating this OSGeo Live account on Launchpad!
> >
> > There is a "stable" PPA for pgRouting, which is also used in the install
> > script of  OSGeo Live.
> > https://launchpad.net/~georepublic/+archive/pgrouting
> >
> > It's probably best to copy packages into the OSGeo Live PPA's. If you
> > prefer to do this, then that's fine for me.
> > But if you prefer that I care about having the right pgRouting packages
> > in the PPA, then I can do this as well, if you add my account to
> > “OSGeoLive” team.
> >
> > Best,
> > Daniel
> >

> Daniel is pgRouting built against UbuntuGIS postgis, etc? We plan to
> copy packages from there and freeze versions in our PPA as opposed to
> directly putting packages in. So there is a very tight coupling and path
> from UbuntuGIS to OSGeoLive (and when possible actually starts with
> DebianGIS.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Yes, the PostGIS package from UbuntuGIS repository is usually used.
The dependency is just "postgis", and it works with any version, 1.5 and
2.x.

So it's not particularly built with and dependent on UbuntuGIS, but
personally I'm always using UbuntuGIS PPA together with pgRouting.

pgRouting PPA is already used for pgRouting on LiveDVD for several
releases, in fact OSGeo Live was one of the reasons to create a PPA.

If anyone wants to help with the pgRouting Ubuntu/Debian builds (I don't
think they are 100% following the Debian packaging policy), then this is
quite simple by sending a pull request to the "pgrouting-build" repository
on Github: https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting-build

Thanks,
Daniel

--