[Live-demo] Fwd: Re: Packaging for iPython / SciPy for Ubuntu Precise

maplabs at light42.com maplabs at light42.com
Fri Jan 24 09:34:12 PST 2014

----- Forwarded  ... -----

     Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 09:25:12 -0800

      Subject: Re: Packaging for iPython / SciPy for Ubuntu Precise
      To: maplabs at light42.com

Hi Brian,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. Julian Taylor has a PPA which includes IPython 1.1 packaged for Ubuntu 12.04:
https://launchpad.net/~jtaylor/+archive/ipython

If you can add that to your sources, that should be all you need for IPython. For other SciPy libraries, you might want to look at packages in NeuroDebian - besides the Neuroscience specific stuff, they have more recent versions of some of the general scientific Python stuff, like pandas, sklearn and skimage:
http://neuro.debian.net/pkglists/toc_all_pkgs.html#toc-all-pkgs

I hope those are some useful starting points,
Thomas