[Live-demo] Propose to retire sahana from OSGeo-Live

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 04:36:56 PDT 2014

As discussed in our last OSGeo-Live IRC meeting, we are proposing to
retire the Sahana project from being included on OSGeo-Live.

This is primarily because the people who were previously maintaining
sahana on OSGeo-Live don't have the bandwidth to continue supporting it,
and so we are at risk of distributing an untested and unreliable
application with OSGeo-Live.

I've also been concerned that Sahana has only been including "trunk"
versions of their software on OSGeo-Live rather than specific version
numbers, which makes me nervous that the release process and potential
quality might be immature. (Our aim is to only be distributing stable
and mature software with OSGeo-Live).

If there are people who can step forward to help with Sahana
maintenance, then please speak up within the next week, before our IRC
meeting on Thursday / Friday 31 July 2014.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager