[Live-demo] [Workshops] OSGeoLive in FOSS4G 2014 workshops?

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat Jun 7 10:47:09 PDT 2014

Hi,

QGIS's Processing plugin does support GRASS 7.0 beta, alongside of 6.4.3.
The GRASS-specific plugin only works with 6.4.3. On Mac, via Homebrew
package manager, I have these installed side-by-side, but 7.0 is installed
to a custom prefix, with only the grass70 executable on PATH. That prefix
directory can be set in QGIS for the Processing GRASS 7.0 provider via the
options dialog.

Could not GRASS 7.0 beta also be installed on OSGeoLive, but to a custom
prefix, since such a prefix is easily handled with GRASS environment
variables and QGIS settings? The Processing plugin provider for GRASS 7.0
will be part of the released QGIS 2.4.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography