[Live-demo] [Ubuntu] .war -> .deb packaging

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 13:28:23 PDT 2014

ubuntu-gis community,
We, the osgeolive community, wish to improve packaging of java projects
on osgeolive, by developing .deb packages, but we are short on expertise
on how to make this happen.
As below, Jerome has recommended that as a start we extend existing .war
packages to .deb packages, and have this role into ubuntugis. To me,
this sounds reasonable. Are there any objections or suggestions related
to this proposal?

Jerome, Ben, others,
Is there a howto or similar that we can reference, to guide projects in
the best practices for converting .war->.deb? I'd like to add a section
to our osgeolive processes, and link to it from ~
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Add_Project#.deb_Packaging

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager