[Live-demo] Towards OSGeoLive 7.9.1...

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky znmeb at znmeb.net
Mon Jun 9 20:49:16 PDT 2014

Much better! Second download attempt from Osprey gave me a passing MD5
checksum. Install to a QEMU/KVM virtual machine on a Fedora 20 host
worked fine. I did see some kind of transient Ubuntu error message
trying to log in but I haven't been able to locate a log file / crash
report yet. PgAdmin3 starts up and I can see all the PostGIS accounts.

Tomorrow I'll do a VMware Workstation install and make sure QGIS can
talk to PostGIS and that ogr2ogr can do the shapefile-to-GeoJSON
converts. I also have a GDB file that I can test import; it requires
GDAL 1.11 to read the ESRI GDB files.

>>> http://live.osgeo.org