[Live-demo] creating an osgeolive VM from an ISO?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 24 02:58:29 PDT 2014

Cameron wrote:

> Tim asks the following:
>
> On 24/06/2014 4:21 pm, Tim-Hinnerk Heuer wrote:
>>  Hi Cameron, Is there an easy way I can get the current latest version
>>  of this live DVD onto my machine to try it in a sandboxed VM?
>
> I notice that we are currently releasing the 8.0alpha2 iso, but not a VM.
> How should Tim create a osgeolive VM that he can debug?

same as here:
  http://live.osgeo.org/en/quickstart/virtualization_quickstart.html

For the preview builds I always just run the .iso in kvm/q-emu as booting
from the cdrom with no hard drive in the VM. No persistent storage, but
zero-install and fine for quick testing.

For installing to a persistent VM just make the container and use the
install option on the disc.

regards,
Hamish