[Live-demo] Syncing QGIS and OSGeo-Live releases

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:28:18 PST 2014

On 03/03/14 00:11, Tim Sutton wrote:
> By the way now that QGIS is shipping on a fixed schedule, we should
> probably discuss with Juergen (new release manager) if it is possible
> to get the QGIS release cadance aligned with the OSGEO live CD so that
> you can always ship the latest release.

I really like Tim's suggestion of synchronising OSGeo-Live releases with
other projects, such as with QGIS.
At the moment, OSGeo-Live has a 6 month release cycle, and we align it
to be ready for the main FOSS4G annual event, and then for the March
conferences, such as FOSSGIS.

I understand that QGIS is moving toward a 4 times a year schedule?
Our current schedule is linked from here:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Schedule

I'd be happy to discuss how we can work in with QGIS schedule effectively.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager