[Live-demo] problem with shared folder

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Nov 4 15:24:10 PST 2014

On 11/04/2014 02:17 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 10:59 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> On 11/04/2014 12:59 PM, Margherita Di Leo wrote:
>

>> That said, I believe this is either a Virtualbox or Fedora bug.
>
> I agree, this does not seem to have a connection with the osgeo live dvd.
>
> This being said: there is not really a good reason to use the guest
> addition cd. You can install the functionality by installing the
> packages virtualbox-guest-x11 and virtualbox-guest-utils (if they are
> not already installed) from the repositories.
>
> Johan

Last time I check the guest-utils packages only work with the Community
Edition that is open sourced, not the closed source one direct from
Oracle. The closed source version is Free for home or academic use.

The difference I believe, at least last I checked a year or two ago, is
support of Folder Sharing and USB device pass through.

We do not install the guest additions before shipping as they conflict
with other Virtualization platform add ons, and need to match specific
versions.

Alex Mandel
http://wildintellect.com