[Live-demo] FW: [Incubator] Incubating OSGeo-Live as an OSGeo project

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 12:02:33 PDT 2014

On 31/10/2014 8:18 am, Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) wrote:
> Is this going to require segmenting off or reclassifying some projects as non-osgeo projects, or not in incubation?  There are some projects on OSGELive that are not in the OSGEO proper listings, etc.  It might lead to some confusion about whether a project is really a OSGeo project or not the OSGeoLive project is touted as an OSGeo Incubated project.
We are proposing to incubate the software which creates the OSGeo-Live
distribution, not the actual projects within the distribution.

So it will be ok for OSGeo-Live to be incubated, and for it to continue
to reference projects which have not incubated yet.

> Up until now, the case has been to include all projects with an interest in being included.  Correct?
Correct. We include stable and established open source gis applications.

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager