[Live-demo] Post-Foss4g 2014 - new projects

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Sun Sep 21 14:32:57 PDT 2014

This list along with the previous list, needs to be invited to join and
fill out the questionnaire so we can rate if it's applicable and what
priority to assign.

More inline.

On 09/21/2014 01:34 PM, Johan Van de Wauw wrote:
> Some other projects I thought would be nice:
>
> istsos:
> https://geoservice.ist.supsi.ch/projects/istsos/index.php/Welcome_to_istSOS_project

Sure with some SOS sample data.

> mapmint:
> http://mapmint.com/

Is there software to download or is this just a web service?

> mapbox gl:
> https://www.mapbox.com/blog/mapbox-gl/

This is an iOS library, might be too developer oriented and now widely
applicable.

> whitebox gat:
> http://www.uoguelph.ca/~hydrogeo/Whitebox/

We'll need to upgrade to Java 8 next release. Can anyone confirm it's
cross platform Java? Mostly concerned this might be very large in file size.

> topojson:
> https://github.com/mbostock/topojson

Is a format, so you are suggesting an example data in this format.

> geoext:
> http://geoext.org/

GeoExt2 is in the works, no idea on eta.

> for the last one one could argue it is a library rather than a
> program, but I believe we should not be too strict on that difference
> (in a way you could say the same from leaflet, openlayers geomajas,
> ...). You probably don't use them standalone.
>

> Johan
>
> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com> wrote:
>> While in talks and in passing with Angelos and Brian and put together a
>> list of potential new projects to invite/add or keep an eye on.
>>
>> Here's the list from my phone with some notes, in order of most to least
>> likely ready to add.
>>
>> pyMODIS - Luca
>> ScribeUi - Julien (works with Jerome at MapGears), its a Mapserver Addon
>> for web editing Mapfiles
>>
>> Geogit/g - Boundless, versioned spatial data, plug-in to geoserver?
>> Maploom - a Geogig enabled Openlayers3 editor
>>
>> Ckan
>> Mongodb - with spatial support
>> Pandas - as part of scipy and ipython
>> Node.js - to run server side leaflet, openlayers etc
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Alex

Alex Mandel
http://wildintellect.com