[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: pre-RC1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 12:24:36 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Unfortunately the blocker issues kept us back on schedule, so we do not
have rc1 build yet. Instead we have pretty stable nightly builds [1]. Our
release ppa is already populated [2].

On our meeting yesterday we defined the steps to release:

1. Finalize desktop background
2. Update the download page to include 32 and 64 bit links
3. Create desktop screenshots with the new theme to include in docs.
4. Finalize docs and build deb on Launchpad.
5. Build RC1 mini iso
6. Call for a 2 day testing sprint
7. Release 9.0 final if no issues are found (else RC2 etc)
8. Create VM and full iso

Given that this weekend is too close to have RC1 by Friday night, I don't
think we can call for the testing sprint this weekend, probably this would
need to happen Sun-Mon instead.

Thoughts?

Best,
Angelos