[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: pre-RC1

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 05:11:55 PDT 2015

Hi Cameron,

I have created rc1 last night.
I will push to download servers in a couple of hours.

Regarding desktop background, I had replaced it with a simple one
color image before Brian's e-mail :(

Best,
Angelos

On Sun, Aug 30, 2015 at 3:03 PM, Cameron Shorter
<cameron.shorter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Angelos,
> I'm ok to push through to testing.
> Surely we can get the background image sorted? Even if we revert a simple
> one colour background, that is better than being held up by an image.
>
> Cheers Cameron
>

> On 29/08/2015 5:20 pm, Angelos Tzotsos wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We do not have an RC1 yet, but we now have a build that *could* be it
>> (if we add the artwork and the final docs).
>>

>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-nightly-build170-i386-2aa4b63.iso
>>
>> http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/dev/osgeo-live-nightly-build170-amd64-2aa4b63.iso
>>
>> or
>>

>> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/9.0nightly/osgeo-live-nightly-build170-i386-2aa4b63.iso
>>
>> http://osprey.ucdavis.edu/downloads/osgeo/gisvm/gisvm/9.0nightly/osgeo-live-nightly-build170-amd64-2aa4b63.iso
>>
>> Should we call for the testing sprint with it or should we wait?
>>
>> Best,
>> Angelos
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 10:24 PM, Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Unfortunately the blocker issues kept us back on schedule, so we do not
>>> have
>>> rc1 build yet. Instead we have pretty stable nightly builds [1]. Our
>>> release
>>> ppa is already populated [2].
>>>
>>> On our meeting yesterday we defined the steps to release:
>>>
>>> 1. Finalize desktop background
>>> 2. Update the download page to include 32 and 64 bit links
>>> 3. Create desktop screenshots with the new theme to include in docs.
>>> 4. Finalize docs and build deb on Launchpad.
>>> 5. Build RC1 mini iso
>>> 6. Call for a 2 day testing sprint
>>> 7. Release 9.0 final if no issues are found (else RC2 etc)
>>> 8. Create VM and full iso
>>>
>>> Given that this weekend is too close to have RC1 by Friday night, I don't
>>> think we can call for the testing sprint this weekend, probably this
>>> would
>>> need to happen Sun-Mon instead.
>>>
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Best,