[Live-demo] Starting the build process for OSGeo-Live 9.5 - Iris

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 09:15:14 PST 2015

Thanks Ian for the links.

A year ago I created debian packages for cartopy, biggus and iris:
https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+sourcepub/5120940/+listing-archive-extra
https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+sourcepub/5120939/+listing-archive-extra
https://launchpad.net/~osgeolive/+archive/ubuntu/nightly/+sourcepub/5120942/+listing-archive-extra

I tried to contribute back the debian files but they were not accepted
upstream:
https://github.com/SciTools/cartopy/pull/464
https://github.com/SciTools/iris/pull/1259
https://github.com/SciTools/biggus/pull/93

So now all the fines needed to build the debian packages can be found
either on the OSGeo-Live ppa, either on GitHub:
https://github.com/kalxas/cartopy/tree/debian
https://github.com/kalxas/biggus/tree/debian
https://github.com/kalxas/iris/tree/debian

I just finished updating the iris debian package to 1.9.0:
https://launchpad.net/~gcpp-kalxas/+archive/ubuntu/osgeolive/+sourcepub/5770986/+listing-archive-extra

This required biggus debian package to be updated to 0.13.0 and the
creation of debian package for cf_units:
https://launchpad.net/~gcpp-kalxas/+archive/ubuntu/osgeolive/+sourcepub/5770994/+listing-archive-extra
https://launchpad.net/~gcpp-kalxas/+archive/ubuntu/osgeolive/+sourcepub/5770972/+listing-archive-extra

The debian files for cf_units are here:
https://github.com/kalxas/cf_units/tree/debian

All I had to do from terminal was:
$ cd iris-1.9.0
$ debuild -S -sa
$ cd ..
$ dput [my_ppa] [the_changes_file_to_upload]

The new iris package will be copied to the nightly ppa as long as I test
it and confirm it is working.

Best,
Angelos

--