[Live-demo] Please support the International Map Year

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 13:17:08 PST 2015

Thanks Suchith for letting us know about the International Map Year.

>From an OSGeo-Live perspective:
* We could draw upon the theme in creating our OSGeo-Live artwork
(background image / sleeve cover). Brian Hamlin (who usually looks after
our artwork) do you have thoughts?
* Suchith, I'm interested to hear expansion on ideas about handing out
of OSGeo-Live at educational events.

On 9/01/2015 1:38 am, Suchith Anand wrote:
> Thanks Georg, Sanghee.
>
> For the IMY logo, you can download it from http://internationalmapyear.org/logos/   and put it FOSS4G 2015 website. I am ccing our colleagues in Geo for All as they all can also add the International Map Year logo to their Open Source Geospatial Lab websites and send internal mails to their staff and students to participate in various events over the year . Also colleagues can start planning ideas for other FOSS4G local conferences (FOSS4G-Europe, FOSS4G-NA etc) to promote the International Map Year and plan activities. But please send an email to the list so we can keep track of the various local activities planned globally.
>
> We will be adding the IMY logo and link to Geo for All website also soon
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Suchith

>>> 2. Please arrange OSGeo Live DVDs to be be given out to all delegates at FOSS4G 2015 and add the logo if IMY in the DVDs
>>> 3. We will arrange a presentation for International Map Year at FOSS4G 2015 and i will do my best to get one of the ICA key people to be present for this.