[Live-demo] OSGeoLive 9.0 status: nightly

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 21:44:12 PDT 2015

Hi all,

We are now starting the nightly builds for version 9.0.
The nightly ppa [1] has been wiped out and we are now pulling packages
from UbuntuGIS [2], previous release [3] and DebianGIS.
This is a good time for projects to speak up if they have a more recent
debian package to include in the builds.

On the code side, I have prepared our first pull request [4]. This
brings some major changes in the build scripts:
1. git support (including ability to build from custom git repository
and branch)
2. i386 and amd64 build parameters
3. new iso names. Git history is not linear so nightly builds are now
named based on 2 numbers: the commit distance from the latest release
(8.5.0 tag) and the git hash code e.g.
osgeo-live-nightly-build28-i386-15580ca.iso
4. Code cleanup

Initially we had to disable all installers in order to make sure the
scripts are working. The plan is to start enabling installers while
reviewing them.
The first nightly build is available [5] and reflects the changes on the
first pull request [4] (only base system and theme are included, no
docs, no projects). We need to start thinking the new build process for
our documentation (debian package vs building during iso creation).

The following days, we will start enabling installers, while the nightly
ppa [1] gets populated.
Pull requests are welcome ;)

Happy hacking,
Angelos