[Live-demo] [Ica-osgeo-labs] Looking for Web-GIS syllabi

Andy Anderson aanderson at amherst.edu
Tue Jun 2 09:23:23 PDT 2015

Thanks, Jeremy!

It does appear that flash drives are replacing disks for many uses, in particular they allow local writing of maps and transformed data. With a DVD there needs to be writable storage available, ideally on the network so it can be accessed from any computer. We will be lacking that for our course so this may be the best approach.

Have you tried setting up the flash drives to be bootable, to avoid the need for a VM?

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/bootusbflash.htm

Also, are you encouraging the students to back up their flash drives in some way?

— Andy