[Live-demo] Report 5 - Integration of geospatial OSS in educational notebooks

epi massimodisasha at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 04:51:18 PDT 2015

Hi Johan,
thank you for you feedback!
I was planning to use Fiona and Shapely later on on int eh map algebra and vector processing notebooks, I forgot about RasterIO (great lib!).
I wanted to start low level (gdal-python) to then use high level tools to perform more complex workflow, for this I was thinking to use Fiona and Shapely in the "Map algebra section” and “ vector geoprocessing".
But thanks for your advice, I definitely agree with you, It is better to have Fiona, RasterIO and Shapely introduced in the  “Access geospatial data” section In a dedicated notebook after goal-python. And then re-use them in the following notebooks.

Thanks,

Massimo.