[Live-demo] How to boot a usb stick in Vbox

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Mar 5 14:07:34 PST 2015

Not really for the beginner but potentially useful for advanced users on
Macs. These links demonstrate how to take a normally bootable usb stick
and boot it in a Virtual Machine directly from the device.

I think this partially solves the not being able to boot from usb on
Macs. Though normally if someone came up with a Mac I would offer to
drop the mini iso onto the stick for them too. So I think we should
check the license and consider shipping Vbox installers on usb sticks.

https://openfoamwiki.net/index.php/Installation/Outdated/USB-Stick#How_to_boot_the_USB-Stick_in_a_VirtualBox.3F

http://www.howtogeek.com/187721/how-to-boot-from-a-usb-drive-in-virtualbox/?PageSpeed=noscript

http://www.howtogeek.com/97923/how-to-boot-a-vmware-virtual-machine-from-a-usb-drive/?PageSpeed=noscript