[Live-demo] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 9.0

mail at activityworkshop.net mail at activityworkshop.net
Fri May 22 12:26:48 PDT 2015

On 2015-05-22 00:33, Alex Mandel wrote:
> our policy is take what's in
> Ubuntugis-unstable repos not stock ubuntu repos, at least for
> geospatial
> packages. So we are rarely behind much in versions.

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about that repository.  That's great,
that makes a lot of sense.

But if I look at the "gpsprune" package, I can see version 15.1 in
Trusty, 17.1 in Vivid, 17.2 in Debian stable-backports, but only 10.1 in
ubuntugis-unstable (unless I'm reading it wrong).  So does that mean for
gpsprune, OSGeoLive will continue to include version 15.1 for the next
release?  Unless somebody at ubuntugis does some repackaging or
backporting or something?

Thanks,
activityworkshop