[Live-demo] Starting build cycle for OSGeo-Live 9.0

mail at activityworkshop.net mail at activityworkshop.net
Wed May 27 11:56:00 PDT 2015

I understand the problems with the libmetadata-extractor, this isn't the
first time that this dependency has bitten me :(

One option would be to stick with the current versions of gpsprune and
josm, but they're around 2 years old now so that's not ideal.  Another
would be to try to untangle this network of dependencies, but I don't
know how much effort that would require.  Patching code sounds awkward,
it would be nice if one of the existing Debian or Ubuntu packages could
be used if possible.

Another option might be for me to provide you with a jar of GpsPrune
which doesn't have a dependency on libmetadata-extractor.  Then you
could have gpsprune version 17.2, but without causing knock-on effects
for josm.  I'm not sure how much work that is for you either though,
either you package that jar into an Ubuntu package, or you install the
regular 15.1 Ubuntu package and then slap this other jar on top.  That
last way sounds a bit hacky though.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help,
activityworkshop