[Live-demo] pgRouting

Sebastiaan Couwenberg sebastic at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 29 11:55:55 PDT 2016

On 04/29/2016 08:08 PM, Vicky Vergara wrote:
> Hi.
> I wonder how fast can I learn about packing, I am interested.

To learn about packaging I suggest to have some reference documentation
at hand and start updating the existing packaging for the latest
upstream (pre-)release.

> I don't expect to change osm2pgrouting this year (I am already behind on
> the coding for pgRouting 2.2.3 planned for september)
> I like the idea that its packed automatically after the tag is done (like
> in pgrouting), but its like a magic box, which leaves my curiosity open.

It looks like the pgRouting PPA is not packaged automatically, is that
the "packaged automatically" you mention? That looks like the same
manual process as done to update the pgrouting package in Debian.

I've used the packaging from the OSGeo-Live PPA and imported that into
the git repository for use within the Debian GIS team:

 https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/pkg-grass/osm2pgrouting.git

The packaging has been updated to current best practices, and uploaded
to unstable where it's in the NEW queue awaiting review by the Debian
FTP masters.

 https://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html

Kind Regards,

Bas