[Live-demo] pgRouting

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sat Apr 30 21:56:48 PDT 2016

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 3:02 AM, Vicky Vergara <vicky at georepublic.de> wrote:

> ​Hello,
> We made the following releases
> osm2pgrouting 2.1.0
> pgRouting 2.2.2   <-latest micro
>> I don't know what to do to have osm2pgrouting packaged
>
> maybe you can guide me on that.

Hi Vicky,

You could have asked me ;-)

For the pgRouting related software I made the Ubuntu packages and published
the on Launchpad.
The OSGeo Live install script for pgRouting in the past added the
repository, but now I think packages just get copied into the OSGeo Live
repository.
https://github.com/OSGeo/OSGeoLive/blob/master/bin/install_pgrouting.sh

Since a year or so, Debian packages exist for pgRouting. I think they are
better than the one I built, except that the control file description is
outdated. I don't know, where submit a pull request or something similar to
change this.

However, the pgRouting and osm2pgrouting as well as the workshop Ubuntu
packages were all done in a similar way, using git-buildpackage, using the
following repositories, because I read somewhere, that it's not a good idea
to add the "debian" directory in the main project source repository:

   - pgRouting: https://github.com/pgrouting/pgrouting-build
   - osm2pgrouting: https://github.com/pgrouting/osm2pgrouting-build
   - Workshop: https://github.com/pgrouting/workshop-build

6 months is always long enough to forget, how to build Debian packages, so
I wrote down a memo here for myself: https://gist.github.com/dkastl/5802631
I think commands have changed a bit recently.

I appreciate though, if someone else creates the Debian packages ;-)

Best regards,
Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan