[Live-demo] Use of the osgeo live nightly ppa

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 05:41:07 PST 2016

The nightly ppa pulls packages from UbuntuGIS and DebianGIS in order to
have a non-moving target for nightly OSGeoLive builds.

During the release process, the nightly ppa is copied over to a release ppa
and the final iso is built based on that.

You can use either the nightly ppa or one of the release ppas as standalone
without issues.
Having old releases as separate ppas can help someone go back in time if
needed or apply a security patch to older releases if needed...

Best,
Angelos

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 9:33 AM, Johan Van de Wauw <johan.vandewauw at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Yes
>
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:57 AM, Pieter du Plooy <pjduplooy at zpanelcp.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi guys
> >
> > I am testing something on my kubuntu setup and was wondering if the osgeo
> > live ppa can be used without ubuntugis unstable?
> >
> > Sorry for the dumbass question.
> >
> > Pieter

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
OSGeo Charter Member